Mitigation is the term used to describe the process of lowering radon levels.
There can be many ways to deal with high radon levels.
- passive mitigation techniques of sealing holes and cracks in floors and foundation walls
- installing sealed covers over sump pits
- installing one-way drain valves in untrapped drains
Other mitigation approaches include…
- installing venting pipes without active vent fans
- adjusting or modifying heating and air conditioning equipment
- installing static venting and ground covers in areas like crawl spaces
Active mitigation techniques include installation of heat recovery ventilation devices and sub-slab or sub-membrane ventilation systems. Typically, combinations of the above-mentioned mitigation techniques are used to do most mitigation. Sub-slab ventilation is the most common main method used to effectively reduce high radon levels.
Radon Technology Guarantee
Radon Technology guarantees to reduce the radon levels at the above location to below 4.0pCi/L by installing the system outlined on our proposal. If unable to reduce radon levels below 4.0pCi/L we will do one of the following:
- Provide the original proposed work at no charge.
- Do the additional work at no extra charge as deemed appropriate by RTI and approved by an authorized representative of the purchaser.
Continuance of work beyond that outlined by the original proposal is at RTI’s discretion.
Radon Mitigation System - Limited Lifetime Warranty
Radon Technology, Inc. warrants its mitigation systems against defects in material, workmanship, and radon levels exceeding 3.9pCi/l for the life of the home, parts, and labor. This warranty will cover the original fan for the life of the home when a test is performed by Radon Technology, Inc. every 2 years as recommended by the EPA. If required testing is not performed as stated, fan will revert back to the 5-year warranty provided by the manufacturer. Sump pumps installed by Radon Technology, Inc. are warranted by manufacturer’s warranty only.
System warranty testing (outside of fan warranty testing) must be one of the following methods to invoke the warranty:
- One alpha track test over a minimum of six months.
- A minimum 48-hour continuous monitor test by an Ohio licensed testing company.
- Four short term tests over each season averaged.
This warranty DOES NOT apply if damage occurs because of water drainage problems, accident, physical abuses, Acts of God, earth movement, neglect, alteration, modifications, or civil disturbances.
ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER LOSSES OR DAMAGES INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PURCHASE, USE, REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR OF THE MITIGATION SYSTEM IS DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED HEREFROM.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is transferable in the event the property is sold.