Mitigation is the term used to describe the process of lowering radon levels.
There can be many ways to deal with high radon levels.
- passive mitigation techniques of sealing holes and cracks in floors and foundation walls
- installing sealed covers over sump pits
- installing one-way drain valves in untrapped drains
Other mitigation approaches include…
- installing venting pipes without active vent fans
- adjusting or modifying heating and air conditioning equipment
- installing static venting and ground covers in areas like crawl spaces
Active mitigation techniques include installation of heat recovery ventilation devices and sub-slab or sub-membrane ventilation systems. Typically, combinations of the above mentioned mitigation techniques are used to do most mitigation. Sub-slab ventilation is the most common main method used to effectively reduce high radon levels.
Click each image to see animated diagrams of a house before and after mitigation.
Radon Technology Guarantee
Address: 1234 Sample Drive, Yourtown, USA
Radon Technology, Inc. guarantees to reduce the radon levels at the above location to below 4pCi/L by installing the system outlined on our proposal. If unable to reduce radon levels below 4pCi/L we will do one of the following:
- Provide the original proposed work at no charge
- Do additional work at no extra charge as deemed appropriate by Radon Technology and approved by an authorized representative of the purchaser
Continuance of work beyond that outlined by the original proposal is at Radon Technology’s discretion.
Radon Mitigation System- Limited Warranty
Radon Technology, Inc. warrants its mitigation systems against defects in material, workmanship, and radon levels exceeding 4pCi/l for a period of 10 years from date of original purchase of parts and labor. This warranty will cover the fan for a period of 3 years parts and labor; 5 years through the manufacturer, parts only. Sump pumps installed by Radon Technology Inc. will be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty only. Radon warranty testing must be one of the following methods to invoke the warranty:
- Four short term tests over each season averaged
- One alpha track test over a minimum of six months
- A minimum 48 hour continuous monitor test by an Ohio licensed testing company.
Radon Technology Inc. will repair or replace any parts found to be defective from normal use during the period. Seller warrants the replacement or repair only for the unexpired portion of the original warranty.
This warranty DOES NOT apply if damage occurs because of accident, physical abuses, Acts of God, earth movement, neglect, alteration, modifications, or civil disturbances.
ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY OTHER LOSSES OR DAMAGES INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PURCHASE, USE, REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR OF THE MITIGATION SYSTEM IS DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED HEREFROM.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is transferable in the event the property is sold.